Friday, January 25, 2013

6 Months


Wow! Recovering from the holiday season and getting back into the swing of things is no joke and has been keeping us busy over here! Therefore, this little blog has been neglected and I am almost exactly a month behind with posting this 6 month update! Even though Audrey will be 7 months in 4 DAYS (Oh, good grief!) I can't ignore this month which has been stuffed full of development for our girl.


At 5 months, Audrey was pretty much crawling around but at 6 months she became a professional crawler. She is so stinkin' fast and we can't take our eyes off her for one second without her finding something she shouldn't (despite my best efforts to baby-proof our house!). With that being said, it's worth noting that Audrey would rather play with anything but her toys (who needs toys when you have electrical outlets, right?). Luckily my husband baby-proofed our electrical outlets but she always manages to get to a lamp cord or something of that sort. Another favorite past time of Audrey's is hanging out by our fire place. I think she knows it's mom's worst nightmare, having her bump her chin on that brick and cutting her lip with her teeth! I'm constantly having to reign in my anxiety when she's hoisting herself up on the brick hearth and calmly move her away.

Speaking of "hoisting," 6 months marks the time when Audrey has decided she has two legs for a reason. As soon as she master her "speed crawl," she was on to bigger and better things. This girl pulls herself up on EVERYTHING! She almost pulled my pj pants down in the kitchen one morning as she was trying to stand up using my leg! She loves holding our hands as her little feet flail around beneath her, trying to get coordinated. Still no kisses and waiting on her first "da-da."

Yes, this is my 6 month old, holding herself up while wearing mommy's uggs. There was no parental assistance with this (minus putting her little feet in the boots)!

I may not win "Mom Of the Year" with this photo but how stinkin' cute is this? Baby plumber butt with her baby jeans!

In other news, the Midles Family is officially going to Europe in May! We may be crazy taking an 11 month old across the world on a marathon flight but it's too late now, tickets have been booked! We'll be visiting England to introduce Audrey to my mom's side of the family, as well as visiting friends in Germany, Switzerland, and Rome. Can't wait!!

Also of note, after the holiday season, I really started ramping up my workout routine to get rid of these last 10 $%*&^ stubborn lbs. After many friend's recommendations and reading about it on LittleBabyGarvin, I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, as well as running a couple times a week. Holy cow, this woman is NOT messing around. It's just 20 minutes a day and it's a "butt kicker," especially when you get past level one. I already notice a huge difference and I'm only half way through. Then yesterday after getting off the treadmill, my knee was killing me. This morning, I am hobbling around like a 90 year old without a cane...lets hope this is only for today!

Have a happy day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Baby plumber....oh my word that is hilarious!!!

    I'm totally jealous of your Europe trip! I think she'll do great and it's wonderful y'all are bringing her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foudn your blog through mutual blogs :) My little guy is almost 6 months!! I have 10 lbs to go too!! Ugh & it doesn't want to go anywhere especially went sweets keep taunting me.

    ReplyDelete