Friday, April 19, 2013

...Surprise!


Well hello again! It's been a while...3 months to be exact! How terrible is that?! I start my blog and then a couple months later take a few months off. I would be the worst new-hire ever if I was employed by this blog. I promise I have a good excuse...

Baby #2, expected arrival: October 1, 2013
Yes! We are pregnant with our second baby! Told you I had a good excuse. Ok, not really. There are too many super moms out there who can disprove my theory that pregnancy should mean you get a 9 month vacation in the Bahamas.

I'll be 100% honest. Pregnancy is not my favorite thing. When I was pregnant with Audrey, I missed feeling energetic and longed for the day when I could jump out of bed in half a second or move around at work without having to worry about knocking an IV pole with my baby bump! I get very clumsy. So these last few months, it's not hard to guess that I have been in hibernation mode. I slept when Audrey slept and it still wasn't enough. Thank the sweet Lord for the 2nd trimester!

Another thing that has been completely overwhelming is thinking about how we're going to attempt to handle having two kids under age two. God help us! And just the logistics: do we need two strollers? double stroller? two high chairs? do we get another crib or put Audrey in a toddler bed? how will two car seats fit in my car? how will I ever go to the grocery store, bathroom, take a shower? blah, blah, blah! I'm so over it! I stressed myself out way more than was necessary. Now that I'm well into my 2nd trimester, I'm as cool as a cucumber (check back in a few weeks if this still holds true). My husband and I are so incredibly blessed with Audrey and God has given us another miracle...how can I choose stress over excitement?

And guess what.............we're 90% sure we're having another girl!!! At least that's what our ultra sound tech told us at 13 weeks (it's amazing what can be seen!). While my poor husband will be totally overwhelmed with all the estrogen in our house, I can't be more excited about Audrey having a little sister. It's a relationship I never had, cursed blessed with two little brothers :-) Plus being 15 months apart, I can only hope they will be best friends, how fun! The hubs and I want a pretty big family (by today's standards at least) so this will not be our last chance for a boy (can't wait for the day when I can buy little baby bow ties and argyle sweaters <-- hope my husband won't read this one!)

That was a lot of words for a 1st post back after my blog vacation hormonal, nausea-filled hibernation! Snaps to you if you're still reading my rambings! I will have to post pics and updates on what else our family has been up to. Here's a preview: "How you need eyes in the back of your head when your baby starts walking." And my saint of a husband could write a post called "How get my pregnant wife and teething daughter to stop crying." (I kid...sorta!)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! So exciting! They will be best friends. (I would totally put a boy in argyle sweaters, too!!).

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete